GPS Antenna Introduction
The GPS Antenna provides your marine network with position and time data.
These are actually a combined antenna and GPS receiver. They deliver accuracy better then 3 meters by decoding Satellite Differential (SD) correction signals from the Wide Area Augmentation System (WAAS).
Mount the antenna with a clear view of the sky.
Choosing Your GPS Antenna
Since standard NMEA 0183 or NMEA 2000 communications is used, the GPS Antenna does not need to be provided by the same manufacturer as your marine network.
There are many well-made GPS Antennas available. Review the Comparison guide and choose one that meets your needs.
- 12-channel satellite receiver with Satellite Differential corrections.
- WAAS, EGNOS and MSAS compatible.
- Low profile flush mount or threaded pole mount
- Removable interconnect cable for easy installation.
- Built-in LED diagnostic indicator